Go Back   SKY.FM Forums Board > SKY Services > Help and Support
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread Apr 19th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Winamp & Sky Fm

Hey peeps,

Recently i could not access sky.fm solo piano via winamp.

It is been on going for the past 3 days.

Anyone have any idea what is happening?

Is it no more available for free listening.

My email is Stri6oi******.Com
Unread Apr 19th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #2
Unregistered

S t r i 6 o i @ Y a h o o . C o m
Unread Apr 19th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #3
db
rotaredom

What is the link you are using to listen?
db is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 20th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #4
StriGoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
What is the link you are using to listen?
The link?

I open my winamp and click on solo piano.

I guess the link you are asking about should be this.
h t t p : / / s c f i r e - m t c a a 0 4 . s t r e a m . a o l . c o m .......

I have attached a print screen of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp.jpg (53.9 KB, 12 views)
StriGoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 22nd, 2010, 01:22 AM   #5
happywillow0

Since Sky.FM updated the free section to flash only I think, they may have broke the links that were being redirected through shoutcast links.
You can still listen through the web at sky.fm or the premium actually sounds very good and you get 256k mp3 direct link to play through winamp or any other preferred player.
happywillow0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 22nd, 2010, 02:20 AM   #6
StriGoi

But the funny thing is that i still see 1000++ listeners still tuning in via winamp.

Any official word from the admins here?

It will sad if they can't channel it through winamp as yet.
Unread Apr 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM   #7
marensman
super premium user

Sky does not maintain the links on Winamp. you can only be sure of current links by using the Sky.FM pages to start your streaming. instead of starting Winamp first, go to SKY.FM homepage (or 'Listen now' pull-down menu) and use the buttons to start the stream. this will call up your Winamp program automatically.
Unread Apr 22nd, 2010, 10:51 AM   #8
Ari
SKY.fm admin

Winamp option will come back, in meantime if you'd like check out http://www.sky.fm/mobile for those winamp links.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM   #9
StriGoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marensman View Post
Sky does not maintain the links on Winamp. you can only be sure of current links by using the Sky.FM pages to start your streaming. instead of starting Winamp first, go to SKY.FM homepage (or 'Listen now' pull-down menu) and use the buttons to start the stream. this will call up your Winamp program automatically.

Thanks for the reply, i tried that but there isn't any drop down, drop out option for the listener to listen via winamp.

When i click the genere that i want to hear, it only has listen now option and it opens another window for playing.
Unread Apr 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM   #10
StriGoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
W inamp option will come back, in meantime if you'd like check out h w w w . s k y . f m / mobile for those winamp links.
Thanks.

But like i said, there are still 1000++ listeners via w inamp everyday.
i just wonder how they manage to listen to it via w inamp.

I tried the free 2day pass on premium.
I must say that the SQ is indeed acceptable and it is well worth the money.

I would really love to purchased the premium package but i do not have any credit card whatsoever as i terminated all of it, no pay pal, and i never leave any paper trail for my transaction. (for some government related issues)

So, well, i have to stick to listening to the free ones.

Since s k y . f m is not working for w inamp as yet, i am listening to "piano trio" now.
Unread Apr 23rd, 2010, 11:27 AM   #11
pentode

The non-premium Solo Piano streams are working fine for me.

If Winamp is your default player for .pls files then you can click on these links:

MP3
http://www.sky.fm/mp3/solopiano.pls

AAC+
http://www.sky.fm/aacplus/solopiano.pls

You can also play the streams in Winamp with CTRL-L and typing in the above links.

Tip: In Winamp, bookmark the links as typed above, not the h**p://scfire-mtcaa04.....
pentode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 25th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #12
StriGoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentode View Post
The non-premium Solo Piano streams are working fine for me.

If Winamp is your default player for .pls files then you can click on these links:

MP3
http://www.sky.fm/mp3/solopiano.pls

AAC+
http://www.sky.fm/aacplus/solopiano.pls

You can also play the streams in Winamp with CTRL-L and typing in the above links.

Tip: In Winamp, bookmark the links as typed above, not the h**p://scfire-mtcaa04.....
I really appreciate all the replies i have from you guys.
Thanks once again for taking your time in replying.

Pentode, i tried the things you ask me to do, but it still cant work ! LoL.
I have attached a picture of it too.

The funny thing is in the picture as you can see, i can stream into sky.fm "Mostly Classical" but i just can't stream into solo piano which is my favorite.

Once again iam really sorry to post my issues here.

Thanks god i have not purchased the premium one yet. If i had done that that time, i would have been stuck with this issue now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (48.5 KB, 11 views)
Unread Apr 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #13
pentode

The only things I can think of for you to try would be:
  • Uninstall Winamp, download & install the latest version.
  • In Winamp under 'General Preferences' / 'File Types', set this to 'None'. Download VLC & try that instead of Winamp.
  • The last possibility is a DNS problem - can you select a different DNS server?
Good luck!
pentode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 1st, 2010, 11:19 AM   #14
Annoyed man

Default This is my opinion only! Not any illegal action!

Premium subscription is USELESS! It's better to listen this radio for free in poor quality [Mod Edit] Do not discuss illegal filesharing.
Why was my comments deleted? These programs AREN'T ILLEGAL! P2p is legal net for exchanginng of ideas and creativity.

pentode is right! w w w .sky.fm/aacplus/solopiano.pls - this is correct link to free servers. In case of other channel just replace "solopiano.pls" by another name. In case of 2-words in channel's name like in "Contempory Christian", try with one of the words. This will be "christian.pls".

I want to listen my sky.fm channels as a playlist in Winamp and can't imagine listening it through this stupid flashplayer! Kill the flashplayer! You broadcast so many commercials that you should earn enough. I hate Flashplayer because it does't allow to create any channel playlists!

I hate entering any website just because I must turn the radio on! This is senseless idea. If I want to listen any radio, I just turn the Winamp on and bypass any useless webpages. So don't pay any money for premium - it's waste of money. You can listen radio in Winamp like before :-).

PS. Ari - thanks for link to mobile. This one is really helpful, there are links to aacplus links for Winamp also so I feel relief now.
Unread May 1st, 2010, 06:38 PM   #15
GratefulOutkast
Helping Friendly Book
SKY.fm Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyed man View Post
Premium subscription is USELESS! It's better to listen this radio for free in poor quality ...

You broadcast so many commercials
Glad to hear you are satisfied with the free streams we provide.

If the commercials are excessive, since you seem to be the only one having 'so many commercials,' you'll have to be more specific with what you are experiencing so we can look into your localized problem, after you are done serving your ban.

Quote:
Why was my comments deleted? These programs AREN'T ILLEGAL! P2p is legal net for exchanginng of ideas and creativity.
Because they broke our forum rules, that you agreed to upon entering the forums. Regardless what you want to believe these programs are, SKY.fm is a fully licensed radio station and as such must discourage illegal filesharing which you made clear in your initial post was intent of these programs.

Quote:
PS. Ari - thanks for link to mobile. This one is really helpful, there are links to aacplus links for Winamp also so I feel relief now.
Happy you finally found Ari's post.

Other then that; sounds like our service is not what you are looking for, thanks for checking us out.
GratefulOutkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 2nd, 2010, 04:48 AM   #16
Banned Emeraldmoon

Default Thank for profound explanations

GratefulOutkast:
Let's start with the fact that (believe me or not) I'm great admirer and listener of sky.fm and di.fm as well for a few years. As a little proof of my words I can say I remember manace of highly increasing royalty rates which was to impose on internet radio. Then I could listening to the appeals regarding of help, calling senators etc. . It was some may a few years ago. I was very glad that the situation was cleared and radio could work calmly still.

As for commercials I have an impresion that once they used to be shorter and mostly was limited to radio itself (I mean - getting premium subscription). Now these are some kind of insurances or similar rubbish.
Anyway I love music from the both radiostations (Sky and DI) because you have enormous resources of music - VERY RARE music often which sometimes make me problem find it for downloading :P. I wish you will broadcast forever - first of all for free and with commercials no more often than about 30-60 seconds every 30 minutes - that's maximum of most people's endurance .

Last matter - I was disappointed that you lowered free bitrate from 96 Kbits to 64 but since there is possibility to listen aacplus, I guess it provide a bit better quality so let it be...
And p2p programs doesn't have to be advertised because almast every man knows them.

I'm glad somoeone here is keen on dialog and not only banning without discussion. Of course I agreed to the rules but... I had to in order to register :P.
So I hope you understand my critique and please remember - it isn't caused by hatred to sky.fm/di.fm but to contrary - by great liking. And if I like your music I must say also what annoys me - isn't it logical? :-)
Unread May 12th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #17
GratefulOutkast
Helping Friendly Book
SKY.fm Admin

Sure it's logical, and we appreciate feedback from members. However, because you have an opinion, does not mean that opinion matters or needs to be heard. Especially when it goes against our rules, and/or directly challenging the work of those that operate SKY.fm. You can't expect anyone to respond well to defamation on their very own site - isn't that logical?
That does not require a reply; not interested in going back and forth with trivial questions

Commercials of that type have been used for as far back as I can remember (including Digitally Imported).
People content with or find themselves using everything provided for free, obviously need something to make up for the costs incurred allowing them to do so. Premium is not a necessity to enjoy the streams, but the donation of a subscription does help keep things running, and everything offered with Premium is thanks for that.

Again, we appreciate feedback from members as long as it can be presented in a suitable manner. Input on something unfavorable is not forbidden, but just because something is not being well received does not mean it needs to be voiced in a negative fashion or tantrum.
GratefulOutkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 24th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #18
peternolan

I enjoy Sky.fm using campaper.com
Works great and no annoying lost of music when I close the browser.
peternolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 27th, 2010, 05:01 PM   #19
Ari
SKY.fm admin

Winamp (and others) option is now back.

Please go to this menu on the site:
Help -> Configure Player

You'll now get to make your choice after you save the setting.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote