Go Back   SKY.FM Forums Board > SKY.fm Live Playlist Comments > Guitar Channel
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread Sep 6th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #41
gall757

Lightbulb Who is Ana Vidovic?

It's easy to Google a name......you can do it!

Ana Vidovic is a bright young talent of formidable gifts destined for a major international career. She comes from the small town of Karlovac near Zagreb, Croatia and began guitar at 5. By 7 she had given her first public performance, was performing internationally at 11, and at 13 became the youngest student to attend the prestigious National Musical Academy in Zagreb, where she studied with Professor Istvan Romer. Ana’s reputation in Europe led to an invitation to study at the Peabody Conservatory in Baltimore, USA, with Manuel Barrueco, from where she graduated in May 2003.
gall757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #42
BlueSky

Anything by Segovia. Haven't heard him on here yet.
BlueSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 12th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #43
paolo

Of course I googled, after a three weeks of no reply.
I got a bunch of inconsistant documents. One for instance claimed she held her first public performance aged 5, but started playing guitar at 7!
I found her concert on youtube. She is very pretty. I mean the sound recording was very bad, couldn't tell much about performance.
Thanks for info
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 27th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #44
Hy Strung

Default Other artists

I would like to hear some Stephen Fearing and Gay Delorme. I am wondering if Michael Hedges is in the line-up as well? thanks -
Hy Strung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 9th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #45
gall757

Default At Paula's Request

I am chastised for suggesting an artist or two in the wrong spot.

Oh dear.....so I quote myself here....

"thinking of all the excellent guitarists that have yet to be played....How about Segovia? Williams? Parkening? The Romeros, Sabicas.......well, you get the idea."

We now have a nice sample from John Williams. Thank you.

I think Manuel Barrueco would be a nice addition also.
Unread Oct 9th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #46
Tinkerbelle
Social Member

Arrow Suggestions are not chastisements

http://forums.sky.fm/showpost.php?p=66349&postcount=5

Have a nice day.
Unread Jan 5th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #47
gall757

This guy is good, although the quality of the recording may not be good enough. Perhaps the future of performance art is on a video site....

http://www.livevideo.com/video/03856...n-barrios.aspx
Unread Jan 31st, 2007, 06:24 PM   #48
WealthyFreeman

Smile Please help me to find back an important piece of music (serious).

The sole reason I signed up on this board is that heard a piece of very beautiful guitar music on Sky.FM internet stream via my iTunes installation for streaming audio.

As far as I know and with the risk of being sentimental here it was one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard in my entire life... (I'm absolutely dead serious by the way, no kidding!)

I would like to know who is the musician/ composer of this brilliant piece of music.

It was played Wednesday 31-Jan at 19:15 GMT-5 (EST - New York time).

I would be extremely grateful for anyone who recognized this and could sent to me the details.

Thanks a lot.

Wealthy Freeman
wealthyfreeman******.com
WealthyFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 31st, 2007, 07:35 PM   #49
Larry B

Welcome W.F. I doubt that a reverse playlist exists but with enough info some of the knowledgeable people here might be able to help you.
Best to check out the Recent Playlist in the menu on this forum shortly after you here something you like.

Last edited by Larry B : Jan 31st, 2007 at 07:43 PM.
Larry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 13th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #50
spacehiker

Default Some suggestions for additional artists

Hey,

I have listened to DI.FM and Sky.FM broadcasts for years now, but have mostly avoided the guitar channel. This is unfortunate because I am a classical guitarist, and if the playlist were more to my liking I would never stop listening to it!

There are way too many Muzak'y things being played in my opinion. I do however, like the Montoya stuff that you play, but you play it A LOT, and there is so much more out there that is great.

Let me give you some quick suggestions off the top of my head. To whomever creates the playlist for the guitar channel: If you want more suggestions, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help out.

It appears that your forum will not let me post links to the performers I mention, so I have had to remove the links to post this message. Contact me by email if you want links to these performers and CD's:

One of the best contemporary classical guitarists that is not in the mainstream is Lily Afshar. Her arrangements for Persian works and modern classical compositions are amazing. Her album "A Jug of Wine and Thou" focuses more on the Persian works while her album "Possession" is more modern.

A more new-agey album that has some very good old classical stuff on it is called "Shorelines: Classical Guitar" by Solitudes music (Howard Baer performing).

I love period performers, and one the best and most authentic is a two person group called "The Czar's Guitars".

Another period group that focuses on renaissance and celtic music is called Skyelark. Their music is played on an Irish Bouzouki and hammered dulcimer, and they are a favorite at Renaissance Festivals.
spacehiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 25th, 2007, 10:36 AM   #51
kammo

isn't this channel supposed to play flamenco as well as other classical guitar styles???
please paly some more paco de lucia or vicente amigo or any of the flamenco masters..............

cheers
kammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 25th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #52
kammo

another request(i know this is gonna upset some people lol ):

please play less classical and more contemporary especially Ottmar liebert and the neuvo flamenco artists.........

cheers
kammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 19th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #53
gall757

Default Wow...an Avalanche of new stuff

Starting about March 15, 2007 Sky is posting new things on the Guitar Channel and they are still going on the 19th!!!

This should keep us listeners busy for years!...Don't forget the True Classical music too!

Thanks!!
Unread Apr 16th, 2007, 04:10 AM   #54
ILiveMusic

Default JAVID IS WHAT WE NEED!!!

OK guys, I REALLY think thay you all will agree with me when I say "WE WANT TO LISTEN SOME OF THE GREAT JAVID'S SONGS" !!! Javid is the great artist from San Diego, CA and he has (if I'm not mistaken) 2 albums out , and you can check them out oniTunes as well. HE IS WHAT THIS STATION NEEDS AND WANTS!!!!
ILiveMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM   #55
Aiden_Valken

Does anyone know of any websites where I might be able to find Flamenco/spanish guitar tabs?

~Aiden T.B Van Valkenburg~
Aiden_Valken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:05 PM   #56
gall757

Default Don't think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden_Valken
Does anyone know of any websites where I might be able to find Flamenco/spanish guitar tabs?
I haven't seen anything online..but here is a source for books on the subject (some of which contain tablature).....

http://elderly.com/search/elderly?te...1&cname=Search

And here is a good site for Tabs in general:

http://www.classtab.org/

Last edited by gall757 : Apr 23rd, 2007 at 04:10 PM.
Unread Apr 30th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #57
jasondet

Found this station a couple of weeks ago and I really love the classical and flamenco guitar. I'm definitely not a fan of the new age / smooth jazz stuff, though (I don't know the names of the artists, but it's typified by synthesized strings, drum machines, and non-flamenco-style singing). Perhaps that can stay on the new age channel? Or perhaps Sky FM should change the name of this channel to the "guitar" channel, and have a program schedule so that those of us who don't want to listen to new age / smooth jazz don't have to? It would then be natural to add in some bluegrass, jazz, rock, and other styles as well. Or better yet, make multiple guitar channels so users can switch between genres as they like!

Also, here are a few suggestions for Flamenco guitar masters I haven't heard much of yet on this station (my apologies if they are played and I just haven't heard them)

Sabicas!!!
Paco Pena
Juan Serrano
Pepe Romero (and family)
Juan Martin
Tomatito
jasondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 30th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #58
jasondet

Here's a few more (traditional) flamenco guitarists

Nino Recardo
Manolo De Huelva
Melchor De Marchena
Unread May 1st, 2007, 01:43 AM   #59
jasondet

And there are a whole slew of great flamenco guitarists listed on the soundtrack to Flamenco (directed by Carlos Saura):

imdb.com/title/tt0113077/soundtrack
Unread May 18th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #60
gall757

Default Li Jie

How about this for the unexpected?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5texaT9zkA